Currently

Thursday, July 23, 2015


Surprise! I took a bit of a blog vacation there. It was needed, it felt good. I'm back now :).

To catch up, I thought a "currently" post was in order. Here's what is what I'm currently up to:

Reading
I just started All the Light We Cannot See. I've really been powering through my summer reading list! It feels so good to be taking the time to dive into books like this - it's usually a rarity for me. This one doesn't have me hooked yet but I've heard it's wonderful so I'm going to keep going. I also recently finished Maine which was actually much better than I expected. The description of it seemed like the same kind of story you've read a million times, you know? But it turned out to be captivating - I loved seeing how wildly different the perspectives can be from various generations of a family.

Eating
Ooh this section is a big one right now, because I've been trying something a little bit crazy.... The Whole30 Challenge.  I actually started it back in June, but then took a bit of a break for a few delicious food-focused weekends, and then I started it back up on June 30 - so as of today I'm on Day 24! For those who haven't heard of the Whole30, it's a Paleo-based, 30 day "reset". From the website: "Think of it as a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system." 

Some of my favorite Whole30 meals have been this cauliflower fried rice, sausage egg breakfast bites, garlic sweet potato noodles, and a thai coconut pumpkin soup I found on the Whole30 recipes instagram account. My best go-to snacks have been La Croix sparkling water, carrots dunked in almond butter, and RxBars (delicious!). Anyway, I've been feeling wonderful and am surprisingly not missing sugar at all (thought I have had a few dreams about pizza...), so hopefully I'm able to finish it out with success.

Watching
UnREAL, a wonderfully addicting, guilty-pleasure type show that I recently tried out. We don't normally have cable, but since we're house sitting right now I decided to let myself indulge on some good old-fashioned TV ;). We've also been into watching Anthony Bourdain shows on Netflix, which is giving me some major wanderlust.

Enjoying
Living on campus at work! We are in the middle of a housing transition (more on that later....) and in the meantime we are house and pet-sitting for some friends who live on my school's campus.  It's been delightful to hop home for lunch and to enjoy hiking the beautiful grounds in the evenings.

Adventuring
Around Tahoe for the Wanderlust Festival this past weekend. Enjoyed camping, boating, eating and playing with friends.  And I can't wait for my next adventure back to New England next week - it's been a while since I enjoyed New England in the summertime! Looking forward to time with friends and family, lobster rolls and the Atlantic.

--------------





No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).