Mini Discoveries

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I've made a few delightful discoveries this week...


I've discovered the Hidden Brain, a brand new podcast from npr. The first episode had me riveted! It's all about "life's unseen patterns" and the way our minds drive human behavior. It's deep psychology brought down to a very relatable level...so much that I went home after listening to it in the car and immediately blabbered to Jimmy about everything I learned and how it applies to our relationship (hehe, sorry Jimmy...). I also used my new found knowledge about "switchtracking" in about 3-4 separate conversations this week. (Speaking of usable psychology, check out these psychological tricks everyone should know.)


Jimbo and I discovered Black Mirror on Netflix. Ho - lee - sh*t. If you're at all intrigued by the future and the potential dangers and benefits of technology, or if you're interested in checking out something completely new in different in TV... you must give this show a try.  Each episode contains a whole new premise and set of characters, and each portrays a future use of technology or social media that is completely freaky, and also completely plausible.  I like this quote from the show creator: "If technology is a drug – and it does feel like a drug – then what, precisely, are the side-effects? This area – between delight and discomfort – is where Black Mirror is set". Oh and apparently 12 new episodes will begin shooting later this year - yay.


I discovered the beautiful, natural Coyuchi up in Point Reyes Station. Beautiful, sustainable, natural and lovely. Everything is so soft, so pretty! Hoping to fill my future home with this stuff.




And finally, I discovered my new favorite comfy-fall-outfit at Madewell :).  Excited to snuggle up in this shirt day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).